e being injured in an Olympic contest, the 23-year-

in camera talk Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:40 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

LONDON -- Roger Federer made light work of Richard Gasquet to clinch his first win at the ATP World Tour Finals, defeating the Frenchman 6-4, 6-3 on Thursday to boost his chances of making the semifinals for an 11th time. Cheap Rays Jerseys . In a match pitting together two stylists, the sixth-seeded Swiss quickly took control and broke Gasquet four times in the match. The Frenchman hit only 11 winners and looked inhibited throughout. Federer, who has won a record six year-end championships, was not having a great day either -- he had 30 unforced errors -- but prevailed on important points as Gasquet converted only one of his six break chances. Federer needed five match points to earn his 43rd Finals win. "It is a big win for me and hopefully I can keep it up in the next match against Juan Martin del Potro," said Federer, chasing only his second title of the year. "Im not coming back from a serious injury, but Im coming back from a lot of sort of ups and downs, resetting things, trying out things, making sure I get my confidence back, my movement and so forth." Federer and Gasquet lost their opening round-robin matches in Group B, against defending champion Novak Djokovic and del Potro, respectively. Djokovic played del Potro late Thursday. Only once in his previous 11 Finals appearances has Federer failed to advance to the last four. A win against del Potro on Saturday will guarantee him a spot in the semis, while Gasquet became the second player to be eliminated, following David Ferrer. It was Federers 11th win in 13 matches against Gasquet, who started by winning his first service game at love before fading. The Finals are Federers last chance to win a big tournament this season. He has won only one title in the past 14 months and has only three victories against top-10 opponents in 2013, including one against del Potro in Paris last week. "Im glad I got one back in Paris because I knew we could be again in the same group, we could be playing each other," Federer said. "I think that win for me in Paris psychologically was very important. I could beat top-10 guys, I beat Richard, I beat Juan Martin last week. I truly believe my confidence is higher, and thats what I need to beat the best, and Juan Martin is part of that group honestly." Mike Brosseau Rays Jersey . These days, just about anyone can get a taste of the friendship that has blossomed between All-Star Kevin Durant and Oklahoma City Thunder teammate James Harden, most famous in the past two weeks or so for the elbow to the head he took from the Los Angeles Lakers Metta World Peace. Tampa Bay Rays Pro Shop . The Henry Burris-led squad finished second in the East Division before advancing to the Grey Cup where they ultimately fell to the home field advantage wielding Saskatchewan Roughriders. https://www.cheapraysonline.com/336i-willy-adames-jersey-rays.html . Spezza scored a power-play goal with 5 minutes left and Stephane Da Costa had the other two goals to lead the Ottawa Senators to a 3-2 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Tuesday night.New York Islanders forward John Tavares, who suffered a partially torn MCL in his left knee during the Sochi Olympics, will not require surgery. Speaking to members of the media on Tuesday for the first time since returning home from the Winter Games, Tavares said he will need eight to 12 weeks to fully recover. Tavares sustained the injury during Canadas quarterfinal game against Latvia when he was hit by defenceman Artus Kulda. Despite being injured in an Olympic contest, the 23-year-old said he has no regrets about playing for Canada and would make the same decision again. "I think itts important for us to play," Tavares said. Yandy Diaz Jersey. "I love playing for my country and if I got the call again, I would." The former first overall pick of the Islanders said he also understood general manager Garth Snows anger at the IIHF and IOC after his injury because Snow cares solely about his team. "You understand why teams are concerned about injuries. I know he cares a lot about the Islanders and so do I." Prior to the Olympic break, Tavares was third in the NHL in points, tied for the Islanders lead in goals and leading the team in assists. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen