Mason to the glove side

in camera talk Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:33 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

TORONTO – Blue Jays manager John Gibbons is still waiting for his first win under Major League Baseballs new challenge system; the skipper is 0-3 in the regular season, 0-6 including Grapefruit League play. Still, hes a supporter. "I think in the long run it will be good," said Gibbons. Gibbons didnt challenge a play in Wednesday nights win over the Astros, which, upon further review, may have been overturned. Ryan Goins was picked off first base in the sixth inning but it appeared first baseman Marc Krauss glove swept the dirt and tagged Goins high on the shoulder after the runner had touched the bag. The Blue Jays didnt have access to all replay angles; the angles they had were inconclusive. Gibbons has previously expressed regret that the challenge system has sapped the intensity of manager/umpire arguments. Hes worried about the in-game delays and the effect on pace of play. Rather than just complaining, Gibbons proposes a solution. "Keep it the way it is but dont give the teams the benefit of being able to look at it behind the scenes," he said. "I think if, itd be like the old days, you could go out and argue if you think the guy missed it that bad you go out and argue. Of course theyre not going to look at it. This way, then they can say, Okay, you think I missed it that bad, check it out. I think what happens when you have the ability to look at it behind the scenes, you can go out there on every close play there is. "In a lot of ways youre guessing. I think that slows the game down. If youre that serious about a particular call and you think he missed it, roll the dice without the benefit of looking at it." Gibbons incorrectly challenged a call in the fifth inning of Thursday nights game against Houston when the replay system confirmed Melky Cabrera was out on a bang-bang play at first base. WAGNERS LONG DAY Neil Wagner threw two scoreless innings in Torontos 7-3 win over Houston on Wednesday night. It was the culmination of a long day of travel for Wagner, who was recalled from Triple-A Buffalo. Wagner was in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, where the Bisons were getting ready to play the LeHigh Valley Ironpigs. He took an hour and a half taxi ride to the Philadelphia airport, flew to Toronto and arrived at the stadium 10 minutes before first pitch. "It was actually just kind of easy," said Wagner. "I just woke up, did my normal thing in the morning and then instead of going through the normal pre-game routine I was just travelling, got here and I was able to play a little catch." Wagner got his arm loose playing catch with left fielder Melky Cabrera at the start of each defensive inning. Casey Janssen and J.A. Happ are both expected to come off the disabled list sooner rather than later, which will create a logjam in the bullpen. Wagner is in his final option year, the reason he got sent down last month, and knows he could again fall victim to the business of the game. "Options are the one thing for free in this game that you dont want," said Wagner. "I cant control having them, I cant give them to other people so I have them and if I get optioned against at some point, so be it. Just keep doing what I do and hopefully at some point, be back." DELABAR RESTS Reliever Steve Delabar was in good humour one day after taking a line drive off the outside of his right leg, below the knee. The ball ricocheted to Edwin Encarnacion at first base, who stepped on the bag for the easy out. "That was the plan," said Delabar. "When I came out of the bullpen they said, if you get hit with a line drive make sure your leg is angled." Delabar is using the RICE treatment method with the bruising: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. While Delabar wont pitch on Thursday, he doesnt expect to miss any time. "I could go, yes," said Delabar. "But I think theyre going to be cautious with it." Jaylen Hoard Jersey .Dawson also birdied two of the last four holes to reach 12-under 132 on TPC San Antonios AT&T Canyons Course. He won his only title in a PGA Tour-sanctioned event in 2002 in the Web.com Tours LaSalle Bank Open.Im not going to lose any sleep, believe me, Dawson said. I used to be a perfectionist, but my attitude now is to play like Im in the pro-am. Kent Bazemore Jersey . They all do actually — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 22, 2014There is no confirmation that the date is actually happening, but that didnt stop Embiid from getting dressed up. Fresh cut..... Getting ready for dinner http://t.co/NNIfKyZQzx — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 23, 2014 Almost 930.. https://www.blazerslockerroom.com/Georgi...Edition-Jersey/. -- Canadian ski cross star Marielle Thompson accomplished two goals in one race Saturday. Skal Labissiere Jersey . Viewers in the Canadiens region can watch the game on TSN Canadiens at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The game can also be heard on TSN Radio Montreal 690. The Calgary Flames will see if they can take their recent hot streak on the road when they shoot for a sixth consecutive win Monday night in Montreal. Caleb Swanigan Blazers Jersey . -- Phil Hughes ended a personal losing streak that dated to last July, pitching into the seventh inning Sunday and helping the Twins top the Kansas City Royals 8-3 to avoid a three-game sweep.RALEIGH, N.C. - The goal-challenged Carolina Hurricanes didnt exactly light up the scoreboard Friday night, but theyre hoping their 2-1 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers on Friday night is a sign of good things to come.Carolina relied on a solid game from Cam Ward, who has had to endure the Hurricanes lack of offence this season. The Hurricanes won for just the third time since early December, reaching two goals for the fourth time in the past 14 games.Playing with a lead, it helps relax everybody, said Ward, who finished with 20 saves. Its no secret that its been difficult sometimes to score goals for our hockey club, so to come up with a big goal early and respond again in the second period, was uplifting. It was huge.The Flyers, who have lost four in a row, are breathing easier after an injury to captain Claude Giroux was deemed not as serious as it appeared it might have been. Giroux left with 15 minutes left after suffering a cut on his left leg from the skate of Hurricanes defenceman Justin Faulk.Giroux said afterward he probably could play Saturday at New Jersey, Philadelphias last game on an eight-game road trip.Giroux, who has 13 goals and 30 assists this season, said he was lucky the injury he suffered was not more serious. He also credited thicker socks with helping lessen the severity of the cut, for which he was helped off the ice and taken to the Hurricanes dressing room for medical attention.I knew I got hit, said Giroux, who did not know how many stitches he received. I kind of tried to put pressure on it, and it felt really weird. . Im just happy Im good.The Hurricanes got a boost from new father Jordan Staal, who has two assists in two games after missing three months with a broken right fibula suffered in the preseason. Staal was in the lineup about 17 hours after his wife gave birth to their first chhild, Abigail, early Friday.ddddddddddddStaal hit the post on a shot in the second period during a flurry that eventually led to his brother Eric scoring on a rebound. Eric Staals goal, his 10th of the season, put Carolina ahead 2-0 at 41 seconds of the second period.Eric Staal said life was easier playing on the same line as his younger — but bigger — brother.Hes a big, strong man who can control pucks and get on the forecheck, Eric Staal said. He creates more open ice in the neutral zone.Philadelphia, which got 24 saves from Steve Mason, fell to 6-12-4 on the road and 4-15-4 when allowing the first goal. Philadelphia didnt reach the 10-shot mark until the final five minutes of the second period and was outshot 26-21 overall.Chris Vandevelde scored his second of the season for Philadelphia, taking a pass from Vincent Lecavalier and beating Ward with 11:07 remaining.Carolina allowed no goals on three power plays by Philadelphia, improving to 19 consecutive penalty kills.Malone opened the scoring for Carolina about 14 minutes into the first period. He skated in on the left and beat Mason to the glove side for his first goal.Zach Boychuk assisted on the goal, Carolinas sixth in six games. The lead easily could have been larger in the first period, but Brett Bellemore hit the post with 6 seconds left in the period. Mason stopped Jordan Staal and Jay McClement on one-on-one opportunities.NOTES: The Hurricanes played without forwards Jeff Skinner and Alexander Semin. Skinner has flu-like symptoms, according to coach Bill Peters, who said Semin remained out of the lineup as he tries to return from a variety of ailments and illnesses. Semin has played once since Dec. 7. . Philadelphias Lecavalier has five points (four goals, one assist) during the seven road games. Vandeveldes goal was the third of his NHL career. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen