come true to be able to play at

in camera talk Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:34 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

The NBA suspended Sacramento Kings centre DeMarcus Cousins for one game and fined him $20,000 on Thursday for punching an opposing player and verbally abusing an official in a game earlier this week. The league suspended Cousins for punching Houston Rockets guard Patrick Beverley in the stomach with 9:44 remaining in the first quarter of the Kings 129-103 loss on Tuesday night in Sacramento. Cousins was fined for verbally abusing official Courtney Kirkland and failing to leave the court in a timely manner following an ejection with 8:21 remaining in the third quarter. Cousins will serve his suspension when the Kings visit the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday night. New Kings owner Vivek Ranadive had hoped Cousins could clean up his act when he signed the centre to a four-year, $62 million contract extension before the season. Instead, Cousins leads the NBA with 15 technical fouls this season and will be suspended one game by the NBA if he gets another one. The last two seasons Cousins has needed to have a technical foul rescinded by the league to avoid the automatic suspension that comes when a player reaches 16 technicals. In the Houston game, Cousins was called for a technical after getting whistled for a foul against Dwight Howard and arguing against it. Cousins picked up his fifth personal foul moments later, then got called for another technical foul -- earning an automatic ejection -- after screaming in the face of Kirkland during a timeout. Cousins had to be held back by coaches and teammates, pointing his finger and screaming at Kirkland. He flicked his headband into the stands on his way to the locker room. Cousins has since apologized for his behaviour, which has become a troubling trend through his career, even going back to high school and his one season at Kentucky. The 23-year-old centre has mixed in dramatic and astonishing plays with outbursts against players, coaches and referees. He has dazzled at times during his first four NBA seasons, and at other times struggled with defence and discipline. Last season alone, Cousins drew multiple reprimands for his behaviour. He was suspended one game without pay by the NBA for striking O.J. Mayo in the groin during a loss at Dallas. Following a defeat at San Antonio, the league suspended Cousins two games without pay for confronting Spurs announcer Sean Elliott in a "hostile manner." Finally, the Kings suspended Cousins for one game for "unprofessional behaviour and conduct detrimental to the team" after he shouted at Kings coach Keith Smart in the locker room during halftime of a loss at the Los Angeles Clippers. His behaviour aside, Cousins is having the best season of his career and is blossoming into one of the NBAs best big men. Hes averaging career highs of 22.3 points, 11.5 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 1.6 steals per game. Hes also shooting a career-best 48.3 per cent. Custom Oklahoma City Thunder Jerseys . -- Canadian mens rugby coach Kieran Crowley has made four changes to his starting roster for Saturdays Pacific Nations Cup clash against the United States. Devon Hall Thunder Jersey . -- The Oakland Raiders expect to have starting right tackle Tony Pashos back for Sundays game against the Houston Texans. https://www.thunderrookiesshop.com/Kyle-...Edition-Jersey/. - A pitch clock will be used this season during minor league games at Triple-A and Double-A, but it has been ruled out for the major leagues this year. Detlef Schrempf Jersey . Justine finished first with a score of 22.44 while Chloe was second with 21.66 points. Defending champion Hannah Kearney of the U.S., was third at 21.49. A third Dufour-Lapointe sister, Maxime, failed to make the final group and finished 12th while Audrey Robichaud of Quebec City was 10th. Patrick Patterson Jersey . -- The Oakland Raiders added a veteran presence to their young receiving group by signing free agent James Jones to a three-year contract Monday. NEW YORK -- The sons of former big leaguers Lenny Dykstra and Charlie Leibrandt were among the players selected Friday during the second day of the Major League Baseball draft. Luke Dykstra, an infielder at Westlake High School in suburban Los Angeles, was drafted in the seventh round by Atlanta. Hes the second son of the former All-Star outfielder to be drafted; infielder Cutter Dykstra was a second-round pick by Milwaukee in 2008 and is currently in Washingtons system. "Hes just like his dad," Braves scouting director Tony DeMacio told MLB.com, referring to Luke Dykstra. "He plays with his hair on fire." Florida State left-hander Brandon Leibrandt went in the sixth round to Philadelphia. He was 4-1 with a 1.83 ERA this season, but missed several weeks with a severely bruised left leg. "The Phillies were a little bit of a surprise," Leibrandt said in a statement released by Florida State. "I didnt think they were going to be one of the front-runners, but they called me at the start of the sixth round, we had a good talk and the rest is history." Leibrandt got the news while he was with his family, including his father, who won 140 games over 14 major league seasons. "Out of everyone, I think my mom was the most excited," Brandon Leibrandt said. "She went a little crazy, so I had to calm her down. But overall, I just couldnt have asked for anything more." Seminole State Junior College right-hander Jake Cosart, the brother of Astros starter Jarred Cosart, was a third-round pick by Boston. "As cool as it wouldve been for him to be an Astro itts so awesome that hes part of such a storied org.dddddddddddd In Boston," Jarred Cosart wrote on Twitter. "Congrats (at)JakeCosart." Detroit took UCLA catcher Shane Zeile, the nephew of former big leaguer Todd Zeile, in the fifth round. Zeile led the Bruins by hitting .324 with two homers and 28 RBIs. After having no picks in the first two rounds, Baltimore made eight selections Friday, including Notre Dame right-hander Pat Connaughton, who also started at guard for the Fighting Irish basketball team. After averaging 13.8 points and 7.1 rebounds on the court, the 6-foot-5 Connaughton went 3-5 with a 3.92 ERA in 62 innings on the mound for Notre Dame. "Its a dream come true to be able to play at a place like Notre Dame and have it pay off," Connaughton told the schools website. "When I saw my name, I was surprised and excited all at the same time. I was pumped that its an East Coast team and a great organization to learn and develop in." The Orioles had forfeited their first two picks after signing free agents Nelson Cruz and Ubaldo Jimenez during the off-season. Their first selection came in the third round with Florida high school lefty Brian Gonzalez, who went 90th overall. Miami right-hander Javier Salas, who pitched the second perfect game in Hurricanes history this season, went in the 10th round to Milwaukee. The draft will be completed with rounds 11-40 on Saturday via conference calls with all 30 teams. Houston led off for the third straight year Thursday night, taking California high school lefty Brady Aiken with the first overall pick. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen