weight class to replace

in camera talk Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:34 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Cam Newton is quickly working his way back from ankle surgery. Carolinas Pro Bowl quarterback did some light throwing during Wednesdays OTA and coach Ron Rivera said afterward he wouldnt rule out Newton participating in the teams mandatory minicamp June 17-19. "I wouldnt put it past him," Rivera said. If Newton can return early that would give him a chance to begin developing some chemistry with a completely revamped receiving corps. Carolina parted ways with its top four receivers from last season, including Steve Smith. Newton went through warm-ups with his teammates and then mostly played the role of cheerleader during the two-hour practice session, except for a short period where he threw 10- to 20-yard passes to receivers from a stationary position. However, Newton stayed after practice to throw a few dozen additional passes to some of the teams younger wide receivers, including first-round draft pick Kelvin Benjamin. The QB had surgery to relieve chronic pain in his left ankle and had been expected to miss four months -- which would have kept him out until just before the start of training camp. But he appears ahead of schedule. "Hes been doing it for the last few days -- throwing the ball on the side," Rivera said. "Hes been looking good, he really has. And Im excited about it. He says that foot is getting stronger and stronger every day so were excited about whats happening for him." Newton did not address the media Wednesday. He has been working on building a relationship with Benjamin, who helped Florida State win a national championship last season and is a player the team hopes will develop into the No. 1 receiver to replace Smith, who was released during the off-season. "Its neat to see," Rivera said. "They have kind of hit it off." Defensive end Greg Hardy, who was arrested earlier this month for assaulting a female and communicating threats, did participate in practice. However, he declined interview requests as he left the practice field saying he had to get inside the stadium to lift weights. Hardy is scheduled to appear in court June 27 to answer the misdemeanour charges. Hardys teammates said they dont believe his arrest will be a distraction. "You just come to work. Thats what we do -- let the work speak for itself," said defensive end Charles Johnson. "I dont get into peoples personal lives. As long as (guys) come to work ready to work." Hardy has been a major producer for the Panthers the last two seasons. After registering 11 sacks in 2012, Hardy tied a franchise record with 15 sacks last season and was selected to his first Pro Bowl. "Gregs looked really good," Rivera said. "Its tough because were not in pads, so when he comes off the ball the tackles cant really strike him the way you normally would in pads. So I think advantage goes to him right now. Hes very quick, very athletic and doing some very good things." The NFC South champion Panthers made Hardy their franchise player earlier this year, giving him more than $13 million for the 2014 season. But that decision forced the salary cap strapped Panthers to part ways with other players following a 12-4 season.. Gone are Smith and fellow receivers Brandon LaFell and Ted Ginn Jr., offensive tackle Jordan Gross and defensive backs Captain Munnerlyn and Mike Mitchell. Johnson said he expects a lot of people to count the Panthers out because of the players theyve lost from last years team. He recommends they dont. "Just because we have new people doesnt mean we arent going to do good," Johnson said. "We are going to be all right." Nemanja Bjelica Jersey . Venus Williams advanced to the ASB Classic final in Auckland on a walkover when fellow American Jamie Hampton withdrew from their semifinal Friday with a right hip injury. Justin James Jersey .com) - Pavel Datsyuk and Gustav Nyquist both scored in the shootout as the Detroit Red Wings denied the Minnesota Wilds comeback bid with a 5-4 win on Tuesday. https://www.kingslockerroom.com/Zach-Ran...Edition-Jersey/. -- Officials have approved a deal to build a new $672 million stadium for the Atlanta Braves away from the downtown Atlanta area that has traditionally been its home. Oscar Robertson Jersey . Costa Rica followed up its wins over Uruguay and Italy by holding England to a dour 0-0 draw on Tuesday, enough to finish first in Group D. Marvin Bagley III Jersey . Its great to be back for another season in Banditland, and Im looking forward to another competitive season with my teammates, said Tavares.The heavyweight main event set for "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3" finale will go ahead as planned, only without Junior dos Santos. The UFC announced Tuesday that light heavyweight Fabio Maldonado will move up a weight class to replace the injured dos Santos to take on Stipe Miocic on May 31 in Sao Paulo, Brazil. "Im really happy for this opportunity," Maldonado said in a release. "Im been training for a long time for this. Im at 223 pounds right now and I would keep this weight for the fight." "The fans will go nuts witth this fight.dddddddddddd I will go on his head, wont leave any opening for him to breathe. His style is a good match-up for me and its going to be a great fight. His boxing is sharp, but mine is better." The heavyweight clash will be Maldonados fourth straight bout in Brazil. He is 3-1 in those contests wih three straight light heavyweight wins over Gian Villante, Joey Beltran and Roger Hollett. Miocic enters his second career main event on a two-fight win streak, scoring decision victories over Gabriel Gonzaga and Roy Nelson. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen