n Adams and second-round selection Jarnell Stokes. Adams, a 6-foot-5

in camera talk Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:22 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork. Bruce Bowen Spurs Jersey .com) - Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 23 shots for a successful NHL debut, as the Tampa Bay Lightning claimed a 3-1 victory over Philadelphia on Tuesday. Recalled from Syracuse of the AHL prior to the contest, Vasilevskiy was the reigning player of the week in the league. He was pressed into duty since backup Evgeni Nabokov played most of Mondays loss in Pittsburgh thanks to an injury to starter Ben Bishop. It was one of those things coming in. Weve been going through a little bit of a tough stretch here, said Lightning head coach Jon Cooper. We played him because hes a talented kid, but we thought he might be able to give us a spark and clearly he did. Steven Stamkos, Tyler Johnson and Valtteri Filppula lit the lamp for the Bolts, who were coming off consecutive road losses to the Capitals and Penguins. Ryan Callahan added two assists for Tampa, which also reached the 20-win plateau. Wayne Simmonds posted a power-play goal for the Flyers, who had won their first two of a four-game homestand. Steve Mason made 20 stops in defeat. Theyre always sound defensively. They have a lot of players on that team that can skate well, Simmonds noted. They check well in the defensive zone. It was a tight game. Weve just got to find a way to get on the other side of one-goal games like that. Stamkos ripped a shot home from the right circle at 1:50 of the second period, and the Bolts took a 2-1 lead at 6:34 when Johnson tipped in a cross- crease pass from Nikita Kucherov which ticked off the skate of Callahan just as a Tampa power play expired. Vasilevsky didnt have to work much to make that lead hold up, needing only six saves in the middle 20 minutes. He made eight more saves in the third period, but only was required to stop one Philadelphia shot with Mason pulled in the final 1:57 of regulation. Its awesome. It was my childhood dream. And today I am playing in the best league in the world, said Vasilevskiy. Im very excited. Its the best feeling in my life. Filppula hit the empty net with 41.8 seconds to play which sealed the outcome. After killing off two penalties in a four-minute span, the Flyers took a 1-0 lead to intermission after Simmonds tipped in a Streit point drive with 40.4 on the first-period clock. Game Notes Tampa Bay has won five of its last seven games in Philadelphia since October of 2010 ... Vasilevskiy stopped 55-of-56 shots last week for the Crunch, and went 8-3-3 with two shutouts and a 2.34 GAA in 14 appearances this season ... Stamkos upped his career totals against the Flyers to 17 goals and nine assists in 22 games ... Philly completes its residency on Thursday against the Panthers ... Despite the loss, the Flyers recorded a man-advantage score for the eighth straight game, the longest current streak in the NHL. Keldon Johnson Jersey . According to a report from ESPN, the Green Bay Packers have re-signed the cornerback to a four-year, $39 million deal with a $12. DeMar DeRozan Jersey . "We were left with the overall impression that the team wasnt trending toward being able to compete for a Stanley Cup," Capitals owner Ted Leonsis said in a news conference at the clubs arena. "And that was just a clear signal and why it was time to make those changes. https://www.spurslockerroom.com/Quinndary-Weatherspoon-City-Edition-Jersey/ . Next week, hell try to add to the list. A Stanley Cup champion as a rookie, Seguin followed that up by becoming the youngest player to lead the Boston Bruins in scoring. Memphis forward Zach Randolph has agreed to a contract extension with the Grizzlies, his agent said Friday. Raymond Brothers confirmed to The Associated Press in a text message a Yahoo Sports report that Randolph is exercising his $16.5 million option for the 2014-15 season and has agreed on a two-year extension worth $20 million. Since coming to Memphis in 2009, Randolph has been a cornerstone of the Grizzlies franchise. His return indicates the Grizzlies will bring back the nucleus of a team that won 50 games this season and lost to the Oklahoma City Thunder in the first round of the Western Conference playoffs. Randolph averaged 17.4 points and 10.1 rebounds this season to lead the Grizzlies in both categories, though he was suspended for the final game of the Oklahoma City series after punching Thunder centre Steven Adams in the jaw. He owns career averages of 17.2 points, 9.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 13 NBA seasons with the Portland Trail Blazers, New York Knicks, Los Angeles Clippers and Grizzlies. After bouncing around a few organizations early in his career, Randolph has found a home in Memphis while helping the Grizzlies make four consecutive playoff appearances. Randolph, who turns 33 on July 16, made the All-Star game in 2010 and 2013 to become the only Memphis player with multiple All-Star appearances. He helped lead the Griizzlies to a Western Conference finals appearance in 2013. Trey Lyles Jersey. He also emerged as arguably the teams most popular player for the way he exemplified the Grizzlies "grit n grind" mentality. The Randolph extension stole most of the attention on a day when the Grizzlies also introduced first-round draft pick Jordan Adams and second-round selection Jarnell Stokes. Adams, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard from UCLA picked 22nd overall, could boost the offence of a Grizzlies team that averaged just 96 points last season. Stokes, a 6-foot-8 forward from Tennessee, should provide energy and rebounding. "I think theyre going to be pros for the next 10 years," Grizzlies coach Dave Joerger said. "I really do." Stokes selection represents a homecoming for the Memphis native who recalled watching Grizzlies games "from the nosebleeds" section while in high school. The Grizzlies traded for Stokes after the Utah Jazz drafted him with the 35th overall pick. "I was just watching every single thing that players do," Stokes said. "I really liked Zach Randolph. I really liked how he used his leverage and how hes able just to find a way to make it happen when guys continuously doubt him. I definitely would love to learn from a guy like Zach Randolph." Now hes going to get that chance. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen