who struggled with Buffalo

in camera talk Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:44 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

CARY, N.C. - Megan Rapinoe scored just three minutes into the game, and the United States got three goals in the second half to beat Switzerland 4-1 Wednesday night. Carli Lloyd made a penalty kick early in the second half, Christen Press scored in the 77th minute and Abby Wambach got her 168th career score in the 87th. "We knew Switzerland would be a good challenge and we played good, up-tempo soccer," U.S. coach Jill Ellis said after improving to 2-0-1 since being officially named to the position. She was also 6-0-2 in two stints as interim coach. Ana-Maria Crnogorcevic scored on a penalty kick in the 70th minute for Switzerland. It came on the Swiss only shot on goal and ended Hope Solos bid to set a new shutout record for the US women. Solo remained tied with Briana Scurry for the team mark with 71 shutouts. "For me, the record is going to come when it comes — Im not going to chase it," said Solo, playing her first game for the U.S. since her June 21 arrest on a domestic violence charge involving her sister and nephew. "Its always disappointing to get scored on whether its a game with a record-breaking opportunity or not. Of course Id like to get the record so I can move on and focus on other things, but its not the end-all, be-all for me." The U.S. had 15 shots in its first game since a 2-2 tie with France on June 19, and extended its home unbeaten streak to 85 games (74-0-11). The U.S. (8-2-3 this year) is ranked No. 1 in the world while the Swiss, who have already qualified for next years World Cup in Canada, are 19th. Rapinoe quickly put the Americans ahead when she hit the lower right corner with a left-footed shot from the top of the circle. Sydney Leroux had the assist. Lloyd doubled the advantage with a penalty kick in the 56th minute, beating Stenia Michel to the lower left corner. Crnogorcevic beat Solo to the right side after the goalie moved in the opposite direction, with the penalty set up by Rapinoes hand ball in the box. Ellis had Rapinoe playing in the "10" spot, an unfamiliar position for the veteran midfielder. "(On the goal) it popped out wide to Sydney and I was kind of filling in in the box," Rapinoe said. "I took a quick touch and hit it. I play out wide normally, so (the position) was comfortable for me. ... Yeah, it was a hand ball. Sorry, Hope." Press nailed down the victory in the 77th minute with a 25-yard shot that bounced in off the crossbar. "I want to watch that again," Press said with a smile. "It was one of those second balls, chest and volley. I dont know if it was one of my best until I see it." Michel replaced Gaelle Thalman, who had six saves for the Swiss, at halftime. "Some of my players hadnt played at this speed and didnt know this level," Swiss coach Martina Voss-Tecklenburg said. "Tonight they saw how fast womens soccer can be." Kenny Stabler Raiders Jersey . Trailing by a goal after 20 minutes of play, Joe Pavelski responded with three goals and an assist as the Sharks snapped a two-game losing skid with a 5-2 victory over the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday. Isaiah Johnson Raiders Jersey . -- Jerome Verrier scored once and set up two more as the Drummondville Voltigeurs downed the visiting Chicoutimi Sagueneens 5-1 on Friday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play. https://www.raiderssportsgoods.com/Women...ted-Jersey/.com) - The Milwaukee Bucks will try to get another win on this homestand Thursday night when they welcome the Utah Jazz to the Bradley Center. Charles Woodson Raiders Jersey . -- Nelson Cruz has only two hits in 15 at-bats against the Kansas City Royals this season. Foster Moreau Womens Jersey . -- Rory McIlroy birdied his last two holes Thursday for a 7-under 63 to take the lead after one round of the Honda Classic.VANCOUVER - The Vancouver Canucks are starting to look like contenders again as they continue to rebound from a disastrous 2013-14 season.Daniel Sedin scored 4:05 into overtime as the Canucks gained a share of first-place overall in the NHL with a 4-3 victory over the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday night.Sedin scored his second game-winning goal of the season after receiving a pass from his twin brother Henrik. They each earned their second point of the night on the play as the Canucks (12-5-0) posted their eighth win in 10 games under new coach Willie Desjardins.I didnt know we were (tied for first overall), said Desjardins. I dont know (what it means to me.) Theres lots of hockey (left). We have to get better as a team. I dont think were playing great. We have to get better.Vancouver goaltender Ryan Miller, who made 21 saves, echoed Desjardins comments.Its nice to touch that (first-overall) threshold, said Miller. Its a nice little checkpoint to say we got there. Weve gotta keep working as a group to get better throughout the year. Its about being there in the end.The Canucks are attempting to return to the playoffs after failing to earn a post-season berth last season for the first time since 2008. The poor showing in 2013-14 resulted in the firings of former general manager Mike Gillis and coach John Tortorella.Its been a different year, said Henrik Sedin. We started off with two games, then a week off. Its been tough, two tough road trips where we were showing we are a good team. We keep winning games. We find ways to win. Its fun.Shawn Matthias, Alex Burrows and Kevin Bieksa scored for the Canucks in regulation time.We are happy, obviously, said Bieksa. Its a good start for us. We wanted to get out of the gate early with the way the summer went and all the new changes. A lot of guys coming in wanted to prove themselves and reprove themselves. Weve got that accomplished so far.Kyle Turris, a native of New Westminster, B.C., led the Senators with a goal and an assist as the Senators (7-4-4) suffered their third-consecutive loss.Its great we battled to get a point out of it, said Turris.dddddddddddd I think we got stronger as the game went on. Thats kind of how we have been playing.Mike Hoffman and Mark Stone also chipped in for the Senators. All goals were scored at even strength as the Canucks outshot the Sens 37-24.The Canucks did not allow Ottawa to get a shot in overtime as they controlled the play most of the night — despite playing their fourth game in six nights. They also stood out in their first game at home following a difficult four-game road trip that included stops in San Jose, Los Angeles and Anaheim.Its good to come back home after a long trip and show good energy, said Miller. I thought we did a great job controlling the play. (Ottawa goalie Craig) Anderson was steady all night. We really carried the play in their end, I think.Neither team could score in the first period and the score was tied 2-2 after the second. Less than four minutes after Bieksa put the Canucks ahead 3-2 in the third, Stone knocked home a Turris rebound off a rush to force the extra session.The game was the first between the teams since Ottawa beat the Canucks in the Heritage Classic at B.C. Place Stadium in March. Former Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo was subsequently traded to Florida after expressing concern to then GM Gillis about his backup role behind Eddie Lack. On Tuesday, Lack served as the backup while Miller, a free-agent signing who struggled with Buffalo and St. Louis, posted the victory.Notes: Vancouver first-line winger Radim Vrbata and defenceman Luca Sbisa missed their second-consecutive game with undisclosed injuries. … Ottawa winger Alex Chiasson returned to the lineup after missing three games with a foot injury. … Senators rookie centre Curtis Lazar, a 20-year-old Salmon Arm, B.C., native, earned an assist as he played an NHL game in his home province for the first time. … The Canucks will host Arizona on Friday. … The Senators move on to Edmonton on Thursday and Calgary on Saturday to complete a three-games tour of Western Canada. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen