with Saskatoon scoring once on five attempts.---WARRIORS 3

in camera talk Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:16 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

Veteran skip Glenn Howard wasnt sure what to expect when he called on old friend Richard Hart to fill in as a substitute for a week last season. Philadelphia Phillies Pro Shop .Hart spent a number of successful campaigns on Howards team before stepping aside in 2011 to concentrate on the family business. He made a one-off return at a 2013 competition in Brockville, Ont., and was a pleasant surprise.He came out, hadnt played at all and played amazing, Howard recalled. He kind of amazed himself.A year later and the old teammates are back at it again, this time on a regular basis.Hart returned to Team Glenn Howard during a busy off-season loaded with big moves around the domestic mens curling scene.Howard suspected hed have to replace second Brent Laing, who ended up leaving the rink to join Team Kevin Koe. However, he wasnt expecting the departure of third Wayne Middaugh, who couldnt commit to a full-time schedule.I respect that (and) it was obviously very unfortunate to hear that, Howard said in a recent interview. I was somewhat devastated to lose him because hes unbelievable. One of the best curlers to have ever played.With lead Craig Savill still on board, Howard first turned his attention to finding Middaughs replacement. He landed Jon Mead from Jeff Stoughtons old team and quickly started work on adding a second. Unaware of the changes at the time, Hart sent Howard a text asking when he was going to announce his new lineup. He was surprised to learn that Middaugh was out at third and Mead was in.Hart let Howard know that hed love to return at second if there was interest. Howard said it would be a a no-brainer for him, but he wanted to touch base with his teammates before finalizing the move.Savill and Mead were both on board. Mead even suggested that Hart take his spot at third, given the history that Hart and Howard have together. I went, Wow. What a class act, Howard said of the gesture.Howard and Hart formed the back end of the Ontario rink that won national and world titles in 2007. Both have glowing resumes — Howard is a four-time Brier and world champion while Hart won Olympic silver at the 1998 Nagano Games with skip Mike Harris.Mead, meanwhile, won national titles with Stoughton in 1999 and 2011. They finished second at the 99 world championship and took gold at the 11 playdowns.An unbelievable curler. Hes done it all, Howard said of Mead. Arguably one of the best that ever played and now hes going to play second for me? Like, Cmon, its unbelievable.With his new rink intact, Howard and his teammates got together with family members for some team bonding at Harts cottage over the summer. A team camp session followed and they were soon back out on the ice.Strong team chemistry has been a constant with Howard and this lineup looks no different. The new-look team has played well from the start, reaching three straight semifinals at early-season events before falling to Olympic champion Brad Jacobs in a playoff tiebreaker at last weeks Masters.Jonny has fit in remarkably well, Howard said. Not a surprise by any stretch. Hes just a great guy, a great personality, he likes to have fun, hes got a great sense of humour which fits in on our team because we all do.Weve had a blast already and we really havent done anything yet. I think that the chemistry is going to be top notch and I dont expect that to change.Howard also described Harts return as seamless after three seasons away from the competitive scene.The team is working now to find that steady rhythm when it comes to things like releases, weight, timing and communication.You take it for granted with longtime teammates, Howard said. That is a little different now, so thats a bit of a learn thing. You cant really get that and put it in place until you play lots of games. So were going to be working on that and (by) the same token, as that goes on we want to win games.Annual provincial and national championships are still highlight events for teams, but the sports inclusion at the Winter Olympics has forced curlers to look at four-year cycles. Howard will be 55 when the Pyeongchang Olympics begin in 2018.I havent come out and said, Yeah Im going to do a four-year run, Howard said. But Im about 80-90 per cent Im going to just because I love the guys I have, I think Im capable, Im keeping myself personally in great shape.Im in the best shape Ive ever been in in my life and you have to at 52. And it is just a number.For now, the current season has his full attention as he aims to get back to the Brier.Sometimes a (lineup) change is great — this one kind of came out of nowhere, it wasnt designed by me by any stretch, Howard said. But changes are good. You feel renewed. I found I have a little more jump in my step because Ive got a new team.Howard won his first world title way back in 1987. He still has the same spark that he had when he was breaking into the sport decades ago.Im probably a little bit more excited than I have been in years just to see what this team can do, he said. Ive got high hopes and I think were going to do a lot of damage out on the tour this year.———Follow @GregoryStrongCP on Twitter. Fake Phillies Jerseys . And follow TSN.ca right through Wednesdays 3pm et trade deadline for all the updates. Blue line help for Red Wings? In addition to what he reported in Insider Trading, TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun wrote on ESPN. Phillies Jerseys 2020 . Watching them over the past year - and in some cases, two years - has given us a starting point for this seasons Craigs List. https://www.cheapphilliesjerseys.us/ . The Flames are in the midst of a six-game slide (0-5-1), their longest losing streak since an 0-6-3 skid from Jan. 11-28, 2010. They havent won since Nov. 3 in Chicago and most recently went winless on a three-game homestand.SASKATOON - Tri-City used three straight goals in the second period to beat the Saskatoon Blades 5-3 on Thursday night in Western Hockey League action.Parker Bowles, Parker Wotherspoon and Rodney Southam all scored for the Americans (5-3-0) in the second period. Brian Williams scored a power-play goal late in the first period, while Beau McCue added an empty-net goal to round out the scoring. Sam McKechnie, Cory Millette and Jordan Thomson supplied the offence for Saskatoon (0-6-0). With the loss, the Blades remain winless on the season.Evan Sarthou made 28 saves for the win while Nik Amundrudd turned aside 27 shots in the loss. Philadelphia Phillies Gear. Tri-City went 2 for 5 on the man advantage with Saskatoon scoring once on five attempts.---WARRIORS 3 ICE 1MOOSE JAW, Sask. — Brett Howden scored the game-winning goal in the third period as Moose Jaw held off a late attack by Kootenay to hang on for the win.Torrin White had a second period power-play goal for the Warriors (4-3-1) and Tanner Eberle added an empty-net goal to round out the scoring.Luke Philp scored shorthanded at 18:14 in the third period for the Ice (2-5-0) while Keelan Williams was solid in net, making 35 saves. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen