matching the Texas total from its previous four games

in second hand Lense Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:46 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

ATLANTA -- Top-seeded defending champion John Isner and Jack Sock each rallied Friday in the Atlanta Open to set up an all-America semifinal between the practice partners. Isner beat Marinko Matosevic 7-6 (8), 6-4 in hot conditions, taking advantage of the Australians mistakes to run his Atlanta record to 14-3. Sock later topped Slovakias Lukas Lacko, 7-6 (6), 6-2 after trailing 3-5 in the first set. In the other quarterfinals, Germanys Ben Becker beat Dutchman Thiemo de Bakker 6-4, 6-2, and Israels Dudi Sela topped fourth-seeded Vasek Pospisil of Vancouver 7-5, 1-6, 6-2. Matosevic and Isner both slowed their pace of play in the second set as temperatures were in the high-80s under a blazing sun. On several occasions, Isner bent over between points to gather himself. "I knew he was struggling out there a little bit, and he knew I was struggling a little bit," Isner said after ending the mid-afternoon match with his 17th ace. "A lot of times in situations like that ... even though I appear to be super tired and I am super tired, I can muster up enough energy to pop some big serves in. "The beginning of that second set it felt like someone put us both in an oven." In the first game, Matosevic broke Isners serve. The defending champion would go on to win a modest 70 per cent of his service games, well below the ATP-leading 93 per cent win rate that he carried into the quarterfinals. Matosevics errors made up for gaps in Isners serves. The Australian sent an overhand smash well long to enable Isner to break serve for a 4-3 lead in the first set, and Matosevic double faulted to hand Isner set point in the 10-8 tiebreaker. Back-to-back double faults gave Isner a 4-3 lead in the second set. "It was just as hot as the 43 Celsius day I played in Australia this year if not hotter," Matosevic said. "(Isner) amped it up, and started serving like 10 mph faster in the second ... it was really, really hot out there." The 21-year-old Sock advanced to his second career semifinal. He made his first two weeks ago by beating Isner in straight sets on grass at Newport. In May, Isner beat Sock in straight sets on clay in Nice, France. They wont need scouting reports. "We practice together almost every day now out at Saddlebrook in Tampa, and so Im going to have to go out and use what I know from practice," Sock said. "These (hard) courts suit him pretty well because its high bouncing and when a 7-foot guy is serving down on you its not going to be easy." Sock teamed with Pospisil three weeks ago to win the mens doubles title at Wimbledon, and the pair will played a doubles match Saturday against Becker and his fellow German Frank Moser before singles play begins later in the afternoon. Vapormax Clearance Sale . Correia pitched six innings of one-run ball, Eduardo Escobar homered, and the Minnesota Twins pulled away late to beat the Colorado Rockies 9-3 on Saturday. Air Max Plus Tn Fake . Since coming to the big leagues in late May, La Stella is 6 for 7 with the bases loaded, driving in 13 runs in those at-bats. http://www.wholesalenikeshoesclearance.c...ving-shoes.html. -- Gary Harris gave No. Air Max 97 Plus Cheap Wholesale . So he and his Toronto FC teammates say they will have no problem getting up for their Amway Canadian Championship final against rival Montreal Impact, even if the result doesnt count toward Major League Soccer standings. Nike Vapormax Plus China . The Rainbow FlickNext up is the Rainbow Flick, or as you probably know it, the trick that everybody at soccer camp thought they knew how to do. ARLINGTON, Texas -- Kyle Seager loves playing at Texas. Not so much for the rest of the Seattle Mariners. This time, everyone is having a nice time in the Lone Star State. Seager hit a two-run homer in the 10th inning, and the Mariners won consecutive games at Rangers Ballpark for the first time in more than a year with a 4-2 victory on Wednesday night. Seager was mired in a 1-for-19 skid coming into the series, but he has five hits in the first two games against the Rangers, who dropped to 30-14 at home against Seattle since 2009. The third baseman is a .361 hitter with four homers and 11 RBIs in 20 career games at Texas. Michael Saunders walked on a full-count pitch with two out before Seager connected against Robbie Ross (4-2) for his third hit of the game. Seagers 12th homer landed in the first row of seats in right field. "I knew I hit it pretty good, but it didnt really get too high for me," Seager said. "I was hoping. Lets put it that way." Charlie Furbush (2-4) pitched 1 2-3 scoreless innings for the win, and Tom Wilhelmsen was perfect in the 10th for his 17th save in 22 chances. The Mariners last won two straight in Texas on May 29-30, 2012, when they took the last two of a three-game series. Seattle will go for its first sweep in Texas since 2002 on Thursday night. "Its always good to win within your division," manager Eric Wedge said. "Its always better to do that on the road within your division. The guys have done a nice job the last couple of nights." David Murphy and Ian Kinsler homered in the fifth inning against Felix Hernandez, giving Texas a 2-1 lead. The leadoff shot by Murphy ended a four-game streak without a homer for the Rangers, their longest in more than two years. It also was the first homer for Murphy since June 9, and his first RBI since June 11. Kinsler, who spent nearly a month on the disabled list with a rib fracture, sent the 11th pitch of his at-bat against Hernandez a few rows deep in left field for his first homer since May 8. "Theyre pretty tough," Hernandez said. "Those two homers, I just fell behind against Murphy ... and Kinsler put in a great at-bat. I just missed my location and he hit it out of the ballpark." The Mariners pulled even with a run in the sixth, ending Derek Hollands night with a 37-pitch inning that included three straight full counts. The last of the three full counts came against Mike Zunino, who battled back from an 0-2 count for a tying infield single on a hopper that Adrian Beltre couldnt handle behind the bag at third. Raul Ibanez and Kendrys Morales opened the inning with singles, and Justin Smoak walked with one out, also after falling behiind 0-2.dddddddddddd Dustin Ackley struck out on a full count before Zuninos hit brought home Ibanez. "It was frustrating on my part," Holland said. "I was 0-2 and I let that get away from me. Thats upsetting to me. I had him put away and I let him get away." Texas centre fielder Leonys Martin went 0 for 4 to end the longest active hitting streak in the majors at 15 games. The Rangers fell to 0-3 in extra innings at home and were held to two runs for the second straight game a few hours after announcing they had agreed to a minor league deal with 41-year-old slugger Manny Ramirez, acknowledging their need for a right-handed power bat. "I think my offence last night got shut down by (Joe) Saunders," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "I think today it was pitching again. Theres nothing wrong with my offence. Well just continue to battle and see where it goes." Holland, making his first outing since a two-hit shutout in a 2-0 win at Yankee Stadium, gave up a leadoff home run to Jason Bay on the fourth pitch of the game. The Mariners had runners at first and third with no outs in the second after singles by Seager and Smoak, but Holland got a shallow fly ball from Dustin Ackley that forced Seager to hold up after going a third of the way down the line. Holland then struck out Zunino and got Brad Miller on a fly ball to centre. Holland struck out 10 and had seven hits and two walks on his line. Hernandez gave up four extra-base hits, matching the Texas total from its previous four games combined. Besides the homers from Murphy and Kinsler, Nelson Cruz doubled with two outs in the first and Beltre had a leadoff double that was followed by three straight outs in the sixth. Elvis Andrus grounded into an inning-ending double play with two on in the seventh to wrap up the night for Hernandez, who gave up seven hits and struck out seven in his third straight no-decision. "It was not bad," Hernandez said. "I think last year I didnt pitch here, but today I was just trying to make good pitches. In this ballpark when the ball flies, I just try to keep the ball down and make good pitches." NOTES: Rangers RHP Alexi Ogando came through a bullpen session Wednesday with no setbacks and will make a rehab start Saturday at Round Rock. He likely will make at least two rehab starts. ... Hernandez hasnt won at Rangers Ballpark since Sept. 28, 2010. His last loss this season came against Texas on May 25. ... Martin stole a base for the sixth straight game, matching a Texas record set by John Lowenstein in 1978. ... Rangers DH Lance Berkman returned after missing four games with a sore right knee and went 1 for 4. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4194 topics and 4197 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen