catcher Travis dArnaud said

in second hand Lense Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:34 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

(SportsNetwork.com) - Jeff Samardzija makes his Oakland debut on Sunday, as the Athletics try to complete a four-game sweep of the Toronto Blue Jays at O.co Coliseum. Samardzija, of course, was acquired along with fellow right-hander Jason Hammel from the Chicago Cubs on Saturday for Oaklands top two prospects, as well as hard-throwing right-hander Dan Straily. "Im right where I need to be, man," Samardzija said Saturday, when he joined the team in Oakland. "Ive been begging for this for a while, situation-wise, of coming in every day to win games." Samardzija has pitched well for the Cubs this season despite his 2-7 record, as Chicago has been shut out five times over his 17 starts and scored two or less runs in 11 of those outings. Hes also struck out 103 batters in 108 innings pitched this year. "Im coming to a team that has done fine without me and Im just looking to do my part," said Samardzija. "Hopefully, I add to the depth of the pitching staff." Oakland took the first three games of this weekends series, including a 5-1 triumph on Saturday. Josh Donaldson homered and Nate Freiman, Jed Lowrie, Alberto Callaspo and Stephen Vogt each drove in a run as well for Oakland in Saturdays win. That was plenty of offense for starter Scott Kazmir, who let up just one run on three hits over seven innings, while striking out eight batters. Oaklands current three-game winning streak comes on the heels of three-game sweep it suffered against Detroit this past week. Mark Buehrle allowed three runs on 10 hits over six innings to take the loss. He is now 10-6 and has lost his last four decisions. The Blue Jays have lost six of their last eight contests. Drew Hutchison will make the start for Toronto in Sundays finale. The 23-year-old has been solid in the rotation for the Blue Jays this season, posting a record of 6-6 with a 3.81 ERA in 17 starts just a year after he did not make a single appearance at the Major League level due to injury. He had started in 11 games during the 2012 season. Hutchison pitched one of the best games of his career his last time out, twirling seven innings of one-run ball, while striking out a career-high 10 batters to help Toronto to a 4-1 win. The right-hander had lost three of his previous four decisions. Sundays start will be the first Hutchison has ever made against Oakland. Although Oakland has had the upper hand this weekend, Toronto has been the more dominant between these teams recently. The Blue Jays swept a three-game series at home from May 23-25 and won two of three in Oakland a season ago. George Hendrick Jersey .S. military base for UFC: Fight for the Troops 3. This fight card, which takes place in Fort Campbell, Kentucky, has had a number of changes, including headliner Lyoto Machida replaced by fellow Brazilian Rafael Natal. Yasiel Puig Indians Jersey . "Its amazing to do this coming from such a small island, where tennis isnt necessarily recognized as one of the main sports," Puig said. "Im just happy Im able to be here playing tennis not only for myself, but for my country too. https://www.cheapindiansonline.com/2988u...ey-indians.html. Coverage on TSN is underway now while action resumes on TSN2 at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. TSN GO also offers TSN subscribers bonus online coverage, with live streams of all four venues. Adam Plutko Jersey . Although taking two of three from the Baltimore Orioles wasnt nearly as uplifting as winning the World Series, it still felt pretty darn good. Felix Doubront and four relievers combined kept Baltimores potent lineup in check, and David Ortiz had three of Bostons 12 hits off Wei-Yin Chen in a 4-3 victory Thursday night. Logan Allen Indians Jersey . Belfort was originally schedule to fight Chris Weidman at UFC 173 on May 24, but a Nevada State Athletic Commission ban on testosterone replacement therapy forced the former light heavyweight champ to withdraw.NEW YORK -- A big game for Angel Pagan left the San Francisco Giants lamenting where they might be in the standings if their leadoff hitter was healthy all season. Pagan homered, tripled and drove in three runs on a perfect night at the plate against his former team, leading Yusmeiro Petit and the Giants past the New York Mets 8-5 on Tuesday. "A great return here to New York," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said about Pagan. "Hes done such a nice job since hes come back. I think weve seen the difference he makes in our club, and he certainly showed that tonight." The switch-hitter went 3 for 3 with two walks and scored twice for the defending World Series champions, who have won four straight and seven of nine to improve to 70-81. His tiebreaking homer in the seventh inning made a winner of Petit (4-0) in his second start since nearly pitching a perfect game. "Hes a clutch player," Bochy said. "I think we would have been in a better situation than the one were in now if wed had Angel." Before the game, the Mets announced that Matt Harvey will try to rehab his injured right elbow without reconstructive surgery -- a move the All-Star ace hopes is going to keep him on the mound next season. "We have to be optimistic, because he is optimistic," New York manager Terry Collins said. "If hes able to be successful, that would be a great find for the organization headed into next year." Pagan homered off Sean Henn (0-1) leading off the seventh to give the Giants a 5-4 lead. It was his first home run since an inside-the-park shot that ended a 6-5 victory over Colorado on May 25. After that, Pagan missed 82 games with an injured left hamstring that required surgery. He returned on Aug. 30. "I wanted to come back so the team finished strong and we can feel good about ourselves," Pagan said. "I know were not going to go to the post-season or whatever, but if we finish strong I think we can reflect for next year and get ready, use this year as a motivation to prepare. I think we have a good enough team, we cant forget that." Pagan spent four seasons with the Mets before they traded him to San Francisco in December 2011. He helped the Giannts win a championship last year and then re-signed with them for $40 million over four years.dddddddddddd "No hard feelings," Pagan said. "When I played here, I gave it all." Tony Abreu added an RBI double against Gonzalez Germen in the eighth, and Pagans triple off the wall in right-centre made it 7-4. Hunter Pence singled home a run in the ninth for his 20th RBI in his last seven games. Giants reliever Sandy Rosario issued a leadoff walk in the ninth and left with a strained right hip. Sergio Romo gave up an RBI single to Daniel Murphy before retiring Lucas Duda and pinch-hitter Andrew Brown with the bases loaded to end it after 3 hours, 55 minutes. Mets starter Zack Wheeler threw 107 pitches over five innings against his former club. The rookie walked a career-high six -- four in the second inning. In all, seven New York pitchers combined to issue a season-high 10 walks. Wheeler was drafted sixth overall by the Giants out of high school in 2009. Two years later, they traded him to the Mets in a deal for Carlos Beltran. The 23-year-old right-hander threw a gem in San Francisco on July 10, allowing one run and three hits over seven innings in his fifth major league start. "He just didnt have his command," catcher Travis dArnaud said. "He had a great bullpen. I thought it was going to be a fun one for him. It just didnt work out that way." Petit, once a Mets prospect, came within one strike of a perfect game Sept. 6 against Arizona but finished with a one-hit shutout. The right-hander, who beat Wheeler when they matched up in the minors April 9, gave up four runs and seven hits in six innings. NOTES: Giants 2B Marco Scutaro went for an MRI on his ailing left pinkie and its possible he could miss the rest of the season. For now, he is day to day. ... DArnaud left in the fourth with a sore right shoulder after he was hit by Pences foul ball in the second. Anthony Recker replaced dArnaud, dinged up several times in the past few weeks. ... Mets 3B David Wright (strained right hamstring) is unlikely to return during the three-game series. This weekend in Philadelphia is a possibility, Collins said. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen