bantamweight fighters in the world

in second hand Lense Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:34 am
by Cl11234566 • 345 Posts

GENEVA -- World Cup-bound Algeria beat Romania 2-1 in a warm-up match on Wednesday marred by widespread fan disorder. The teams were taken off the field after 43 minutes with the score 1-1, and Algeria coach Vahid Halilhodzic went to the centre circle to broadcast an appeal for fans to stop throwing lit flares and bottles. Referee Nikolaj Haeni of Switzerland brought players back after a 15-minute break to play the final two minutes of the first half, then immediately changed ends to start the second period. When El Arabi Soudani scored the decisive goal in the 66th minute, around 15 fans ran on the pitch from three sides of the Stade de Geneve. Nabil Bentaleb had put Algeria ahead in the 21st minute after a handling error by Romania goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon, and Alexandru Chipciu levelled in the 28th. "The result is very satisfying. The team is progressing on all levels," said Halilhodzic, adding he was "a bit disappointed with the behaviour of our supporters." The final whistle brought around 1,000 of the 15,600 spectators on to the field. Many dispersed when water sprinklers were turned on, though some continued to clash with stewards in one corner of the pitch. Algeria opens against Group H favourite Belgium on June 17 in Belo Horizonte. It then plays South Korea in Porto Alegre and Russia in Curitiba. Despite events in the stands, Algeria made a good impression on the field. Abdelmoumene Djabou and Bentaleb gave Romania right-back Vlad Chiriches, Bentalebs Tottenham teammate, a tough time and Algerias best moves flowed there. Sofiane Feghouli twice wasted clear shooting chances in the 17th minute, before Algeria led when Manchester City keeper Pantilimon spilled Djabous cross. Bentaleb and Feghouli converged on the loose ball which looped into the empty goal. The goal sparked a firework display around the stadium with at least 15 flares burning in the stands. Romania levelled seven minutes later when Alexandru Chipciu beat the offside line, rounded goalkeeper Rais MBolhi who had charged out of his penalty area, and rolled the ball into an unguarded goal. Fan trouble resumed in the second period when an Algerian supporter encroached on the pitch in the 57th as his team prepared to take a corner. A mini-pitch invasion followed Algeria retaking the lead in the 66th when El Arabi Soudani connected with Saphir Taiders pass from the right side of the penalty area. Off White Air Max 90 For Sale . -- J.R. Sweezy was the one part of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line that had avoided injuries or having to change positions this season. Fake Off White Air Max 90 . -- Slugger Jose Abreu, All-Star left-hander Chris Sale and closer Matt Lindstrom are on the disabled list. http://www.outletairmax90cheap.com/outle...mens-cheap.html. Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. Cheap Air Max 90 Black China . Its been a successful Games for Canada, which will finish near the top of the medal standings again. From repeat gold medal winners to multiple medal winners to undefeated teams to acts that define the Olympic spirit, there are many solid candidates who could be considered to receive the honour. Air Max 90 Outlet .com Tours season-opening Colombia Championship on Sunday, breaking the course record with an 8-under 63 in the completion of the third round before rain washed out play.When undefeated women’s bantamweight fighter Holly Holm steps into the Octagon to make her UFC debut against Raquel Pennington, many believe it will be her first step in the promotion towards a bout with champion Ronda Rousey. The former professional boxer and kickboxer, who has held multiple titles in different weight classes during her career, though is not ready to overlook her first UFC opponent in favour of future bouts. “It is a lot of pressure, I haven’t even had my first fight in the UFC so I have a lot to prove,” said Holm. “I don’t really like to talk so much about the championship fight because Raquel Pennington is first and if I don’t do well with that it’s going to be what was all this talk about? What was the hype about? I want to take this fight and not look past it.” Still a matchup of the 7-0 Holm and the 10-0 Rousey looms over Holm’s promotional debut, which will take place at UFC 184 on the undercard of the same event wwhere the champion will defend her gold in the co-main against Cat Zingano.dddddddddddd Rousey has already defeated some of the best women’s bantamweight fighters in the world, but Holm does not think the Riverside County, California native is indestructible. “I think she’s great, she’s ran through everyone and made it look easy,” said Holm. “Is it tough to beat her? Absolutely, I think everybody has tried to bring their best game. On the flipside everyone is human and everyone is beatable.” As far as the woman she will face at the February 28th Los Angeles, California based event, Holm knows it’s a victory she will have to earn in the Octagon. “She’s very comfortable, she doesn’t let anything get to her and she doesn’t break down too much mentally,” said Holm. “She found herself in a couple of tough spots and just waited for that opening, so she’s definitely someone not to get too comfortable with or too lazy with.” ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen