er shuttled Sipp from the

in camera talk Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:33 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

TORONTO -- Canadians turned out by the hundreds to watch Germany beat Argentina in the World Cup final on Sunday, with many braving either a scorching sun or heavy downpour. Supporters gathered in public spaces across the country to cheer on their teams, watching Germany beat Argentina 1-0 in extra time to claim its fourth World Cup win. In Toronto, hundreds of sweat-drenched fans gathered downtown near the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and watched tensely as the game went through a scoreless 90 minutes. While many donned the striped jerseys of Argentina, Germanys supporters seemed to be greater in number and a lot more vocal. Chants of "Germany!" and "Deutschland!" filled the air and grew louder each time either goalkeeper blocked off a shot. "If youre German, you just cheer for every moment," said Nicole Hauvisen, who has lived in Toronto for five years. While Germanys supporters -- many with their faces painted and some shirtless -- erupted into dance at the end of the match, Argentinas supporters slinkered away silently, with some declining interviews. One man who was cheering for Argentina, Rhys Wakeham, said he thought the game was done as soon as Germany put in its single goal with just seven minutes left in the game. "It was like hopeless," he said. "I though that was it. I though that was the end right there, when they scored... Germanys defence was just too strong." In Montreal, several hundred people braved overcast skies for an outdoor party at Montreals Parc Jean Drapeau, which is on the same island where the Montreal Grand Prix is held. Rain spat at the enthusiastic crowd gathered before two large screens before turning into a downpour as the match went into the final minutes. The mob erupted with cheers as Germany was declared the winner and then scattered amid the driving rain. Some hung around to savour the win. Jonathan Lohe Chung, who had supported Argentina, said he didnt expect it to take so long for someone to score. "I was expecting two or three goals in this whole game but how they played everything was pretty conservative on both sides," he said. "Great game no matter what." In Vancouver, there were mixed feelings about Germanys win amongst the hundreds who gathered to watch the game. "Vancouver is the city of bandwagons," said Patrick Koo. "Im pretty sure everyones a Germany fan now." "I was rooting for Germany, I bet a little bit of money on them." said Craig McKimm. "I think Ill win $26 or something like that -- dont tell my girlfriend though." In Edmonton, where sports hoopla is typically reserved for hockey or the other type of football, hundreds gathered under a baking Prairie sun to watch the final on a big screen in the citys downtown. "Im from Toronto and I didnt expect this much support for the World Cup in Edmonton," said Arsh Sidhu, who was wearing an Argentina jersey. Rob Welte and his family, who were on their way back to Fort McMurray after a holiday in B.C., were also surprised to see such a large crowd. Welte, a Germany supporter, explained that his family were such big soccer fans that they took a break from camping during their trip to drive to Kamloops to watch Germany beat France in the quarter-finals. "This is perfect for World Cup," Welte said as he sat among the crowd in Edmonton. "You get a lot of people in public rooting for their country. Its just awesome." With files from Steven Chua in Vancouver, Nelson Wyatt in Montreal and Rob Drinkwater in Edmonton. Yeezy 350 V2 Australia . In the last race before the Sochi Olympics, Bjoergen followed up her win in the 10-kilometre classical race on Saturday by beating World Cup sprint leader Denise Herrmann of Germany by 0.43 seconds for her fifth victory of the season. Discount Shoes Australia . -- Sonny Grays fastball wasnt as sharp as it usually is, and the Oakland Athletics young pitcher even had a quirky replay go against him. http://www.discountaustraliashoes.com/ch...ormax-fake.html. "I just think what it does for everybody in life is real simple," said Babcock early on Friday afternoon. "You dont give in. You just keep on keeping on. Is it going to go your way every time? No. But you choose your attitude and how you perform and how hard you dig in." Nearly four years to the day of the 2010 gold medal match in Vancouver, his team dug in with its best effort of these Olympics, snuffing out the high-powered Americans for another opportunity at gold. New Balance Shoes Australia .com) - Real Madrid claimed its 20th consecutive win across all competitions by cruising to a 4-1 victory at Almeria on Friday. Air Force 1 Outlet Store . Virtanen opened the scoring at 6:45 of the first period, then gave Canada a two-goal lead with a power-play goal 1:03 into the second. Sweden cut the lead in half when Daniel Muzito Bagenda scored a power-play goal at 10:57 of the second.HOUSTON -- It had been so long since Tampa Bay ace David Price got a win that it was almost 20 minutes after Sundays game when he remembered exactly when it was. Price shook off a tough start to strike out 10, pinch-hitter Jerry Sands broke three bats while singling home the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Rays beat the creative Houston Astros 4-3. Price (5-6) allowed homers to Dexter Fowler and Matt Dominguez in the first inning. He left after the eighth and got his first win since May 13. He had gone five starts without a win, which was one shy of a career high. "I didnt remember my last win until about five minutes ago," Price said. "I think that was three road trips ago. Its been rough. That was big. Hopefully it can get us going in the right direction." It was the 20th career double-digit strikeout game for Price, setting a Tampa Bay record. "Its cool," he said. "I didnt know that. I didnt know I was one away." It is the sixth time he has fanned at least 10 this season, which is the most in the majors and ties his career high set in 2011. For the second time in a week, Astros manager Bo Porter moved reliever Tony Sipp to left field, then brought him back to pitch. There was a brief delay as the umpires huddled after Porters strategy. "We felt like at that juncture of the game, it was the best move to give us an opportunity to win the game," Porter said of the manoeuvr. "It gave us an opportunity to mount a comeback against a one-run lead rather than a bigger deficit." Tampa Bay, which has the worst record in the majors at 27-43, won a series for the first time since a three-game sweep at Boston on May 23-25. "Its great to do that," manager Joe Maddon said. "We need to start winning series." Matt Joyce singled to start the eighth and Jerome Williams (1-3) plunked Yunel Escobar. Sands then broke two bats on foul balls before shredding a third one on his hit to left field. Sands was asked if all of the bats he used were his or if he had to borrow one. "Yes (but) we had to dig deep," he said. "It was pretty crazy. I dont think Ive ever broken two in an at-bat, but three on three consecutive swings was pretty crazy." Jake McGee pitched a scoreless ninth for his firrst save.dddddddddddd Escobar had two hits and two RBIs for the Rays. Price gave up a leadoff homer for the first time in his career when Fowler sent his 79 mph curveball into the Crawford Boxes in left field. That ball crashed off an LED video ad board, breaking it for the rest of the game. The Astros connected again three batters later on Dominguezs two-out shot to left-centre. James Loney and Ben Zobrist singled to start the second before David DeJesus walked. Brad Peacock walked Escobar with one out, making it 2-1. Fowler doubled in the third inning and scored on a two-out single by Jesus Guzman to extend the lead to 3-1. DeJesus walked with no outs in the fourth inning, advanced to second on a wild pitch and scored on a double by Escobar to cut the lead to 3-2. Williams replaced Darin Downs with one out in the sixth inning and he was greeted with a single by Escobar. Jose Molina singled and Desmond Jennings grounded into a force play that left Molina out at second. Jennings was initially ruled out, too, for a double play, but Maddon challenged the play and it was overturned, giving the Rays a run that made it 3-all. Soon after Sands tiebreaking hit, Porter shuttled Sipp from the mound to the outfield. Maddon came out and talked to the umpires for a minute before play resumed. Sipp returned to get the first two outs of the ninth. Evan Longoria doubled with one out in the fifth before Houston rookie George Springer robbed Loney of extra bases when he made a running, over-the-shoulder catch on his fly ball just in front of the bullpen in right-centre. NOTES: Astros 2B Jose Altuve was out of the lineup for his third straight game after being hit on the right hand with a pitch on Thursday night. He pinch-hit in the ninth and grounded out. ... The Astros put RHP Josh Fields on the 15-day disabled list with soreness in his right forearm and recalled RHP Paul Clemens from Triple-A Oklahoma City. ... Houston agreed to terms on a minor league contract with RHP Jose Veras on Sunday. He will report to the Astros spring training complex before going to Oklahoma City. ... The fathers of Houston pitchers Dallas Keuchel, Jarred Cosart and Josh Zeid each threw out a ceremonial first pitch to their sons on Sunday to celebrate Fathers Day. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen