percent and outrebounded

in camera talk Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:12 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

MINNEAPOLIS -- Karl-Anthony Towns has watched his Minnesota Timberwolves give up so many leads this season that he had finally had enough.Once he made up his mind, the Phoenix Suns couldnt hold him down.Towns had 28 points and 15 rebounds, and the Timberwolves beat the Phoenix Suns 115-108 on Monday night.I was going to do everything in my power and my part to ensure we didnt come out of tonight with a loss, Towns said.Andrew Wiggins scored 26 points and Zach LaVine added 23 for the Timberwolves. Ricky Rubio had 12 assists and Minnesota picked up its first win at home since Nov. 17.Eric Bledsoe scored 27 points for the Suns, who have lost three straight and four out of five. Brandon Knight had 21 points off the bench and Devin Booker scored 18 on 6-for-15 shooting for Phoenix.The game figured to be heavy on offense, with two young teams far more concerned with putting the ball in the basket than stopping anyone on the other end.The Suns came into the game second in the league in pace, second in fast-break points and third in points off turnovers. And the Wolves are the first team in history to have three 21-year-olds averaging at least 20 points per game.One thing we know we need to get better at is our toughness, Suns coach Earl Watson said. Thats not a stat. We have to become more feisty because we are small on the perimeter.The Wolves built a 14-point lead in the first half, but have given away double-digit leads all season long. They were coming off a particularly disheartening loss against Houston on Saturday night in which they blew a 12-point lead with two minutes to play before losing in overtime.Phoenix cut the deficit to two points several times in the fourth, but the Wolves had an answer each time.After Phoenix cut the Wolves lead to 105-103 with four minutes to play, Towns grabbed two offensive rebounds against Tyson Chandler, who ranks fifth in the NBA in rebounding, and scored on the second putback after getting fouled.Towns let out a yell and pounded his bicep, then swished the free throw for a five-point lead. The play ignited a 10-2 run that put away the game.Even missing the first one, I was determined to get that second one, Towns said. I wouldve gotten a foul running over someone to get it. Every single ounce of energy I had left to make sure I go up and get that ball.That kind of intensity is what Wolves coach Tom Thibodeau has been trying to instill from the start.Great, multiple-effort play, Thibodeau said. Thats will and determination and often times thats the difference right there between winning and losing.TIP-INSSuns: Knight made 8 of 13 shots, and his efficiency in the first half kept the game from getting away from the Suns while Booker and Bledsoe started 3 for 14. ... Jared Dudley scored 12 and Leandro Barbosa had 10 points for the Suns bench, which outscored Minnesotas 44-20. ... The Suns missed 10 free throws.Timberwolves: Rubio made two technical free throws to run his streak to 34 straight without a miss. Thats the longest active streak in the league after Stephen Currys ended at 44 in a row last week. ... The Wolves went 24 for 25 from the line.VOLATILE SUNSMarqueese Chriss and P.J. Tucker both picked up technical fouls for arguing with the officials, and the Suns had trouble keeping their composure for much of the night. Chriss was particularly erratic, barking at officials Monty McCutcheon, David Guthrie and Kane Fitzgerald and wrestling with Towns under the basket.Tucker voiced his displeasure often while guarding Wiggins, with officials not letting him play as physical as the burly forward likes to on that end.We let it get to us early as far as the refs and the other team, we let it get to us and we could never recuperate from it, Bledsoe said.UP NEXTSuns: Phoenix heads back home to face the Houston Rockets on Wednesday.Timberwolves: Minnesota hits the road to play the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday. Spencer Haywood Jersey . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. Gus Williams Jersey . -- Catcher Brett Hayes has agreed to a $630,000, one-year contract with the Kansas City Royals, avoiding salary arbitration. https://www.supersonicsjerseys.com/340s-dennis-johnson-jersey-supersonics.html . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. Tom Chambers Jersey . Any real chance at payback wont come until the playoff. Still, Pittsburgh knows its taut 3-2 win over the Bruins on Wednesday night is a pretty good place to start laying the groundwork. "They are a very good defensive team," Penguins forward Brandon Sutter said. Sam Perkins Jersey . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Andre Drummond finished with another flashy stat line, and coach Stan Van Gundy felt the 7-footers contributions went well beyond the numbers.Hes just been really willing offensively to give himself up. He knows the attention he draws and he has been willing to do that, Van Gundy said. Thats frustrating at times, but hes still getting shots -- a lot of them are offensive rebounds, I understand that, but hes still getting the ball down there and getting a chance to score.Drummond had 20 points and 23 rebounds, helping the Detroit Pistons cruise to a 98-83 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Sunday night. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope added 21 points for the Pistons, who scored seven straight points in the final minute of the third quarter to build a 10-point lead.Drummond reached 20 rebounds for a second consecutive game, and this was his 10th career game with at least 20 points and 20 rebounds.I worked hard this summer on all aspects of my game, Drummond said. The work is just showing.Tobias Harris scored 16 points for Detroit, and Marcus Morris and Ish Smith added 11 each. Giannis Antetokounmpo led the Bucks with 17.Milwaukee never led in the second half.Detroit lost its opener at Toronto but has bounced back with double-digit victories at home over Orlando and Milwaukee.Detroit led 68-65 late in the third before finishing the quarter with a flourish. A 3-pointer by Caldwell-Pope was followed by a dunk from Harris that put the Pistons up 75-65.I thought that the best thing of the game was we played a pretty low-energy third quarter for the first nine minutes of it, but then we got right back in the game, Van Gundy said. We responded well to that and opened it back up to double figures, basically, with our defense the last three minutes of the quarter and getting out in transition. There were a lot of things to be reaally happy with.ddddddddddddDrummonds put-back dunk in the fourth made it 88-75.They made a few runs, but we didnt do a good job trying to stop their momentum and get it back within reach, Bucks guard Matthew Dellavedova said. Wed have a play or two where we wouldnt come up with a loose ball or they would get a rebound and pull away again. I felt like we were always chasing them on the scoreboard and we couldnt really get back level or get up.The Pistons led 24-21 after the first quarter. An early 8-0 run in the second pushed the lead to double digits, and it was 50-39 at halftime.TIP-INSBucks: Greg Monroe, in his second season with Milwaukee after leaving the Pistons, scored 11 points. ... Khris Middleton, another former Piston, is out because of a hamstring injury.Pistons: Detroit is without PG Reggie Jackson (knee), and Smith, his replacement, went 5 of 17 from the field. But all five starters for the Pistons scored in double figures. Smith had seven assists. ... Drummond had eight offensive rebounds.SHUT DOWNDetroit won easily despite shooting only 44 percent from the field. The Pistons held Milwaukee to 39 percent and outrebounded the Bucks 58-40.OVERWHELMEDMilwaukee finished with season lows in rebounds (40) and defensive rebounds (30). Drummonds presence was a big reason for that.Drummond is an All-Star and he understands his role, Milwaukee coach Jason Kidd said. He plays his role every night. Hes going to score, get to the free-throw line, make or miss. When his team misses shots, hes right there for offensive rebounds.UP NEXTBucks: Visit New Orleans on Tuesday night.Pistons: Finish a three-game homestand when they host New York on Tuesday night.---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4198 topics and 4201 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen