butted in and offered help. "If you want,

in camera talk Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:25 am
by sakura698 • 435 Posts

TORONTO -- Canadas hockey teams are getting a new look next season. Wholesale China Jerseys . Hockey Canada unveiled new a jersey that will be worn by the mens, womens and sledge hockey teams as the organization marks its 100th anniversary. Hockey Canada chief operating officer Scott Smith introduced the jersey Wednesday at Torontos MasterCard Centre. "Its a high performance jersey," Smith said. "It allows out teams to pursue goal medals, of which we plan on bringing a few more home next year." The new jersey, developed in partnership with Nike, uses traditional red, white and black Hockey Canada colours. It features the Hockey Canada stickman logo along with the 100th anniversary logo on its left chest areas. The sleeves have two stripes each on their upper arms. "Canada" is spelled diagonally on the front of the jersey, a style that makes a return after more than 40 years. "There are some historical elements to this that you might be able to associate with other jerseys that have been worn over the last 100 years," Smith said. The jersey unveiling was part of a Hockey Canada event to kick off a cross-country exhibition tour. It features a 1,900 square metre caravan with interactive exhibits, including a timeline of hockey milestones. It also includes a year-round artificial surface rink and a five-by-three-metre outdoor video screen. The tour will officially begin in Ottawa July 1, and will is expected to visit 100 communities before ending next May. Thirteen communities have been scheduled to date: Toronto, Ottawa, Russell, Ont.; Kenora, Ont.; Kitchener, Ont.; Thunder Bay, Ont.; Montreal, Brossard, Que.; Sherbrooke, Que.; Calgary; Edmonton; Red Deer, Alta.; and Kamloops, B.C. The tour is partially funded by $3 million from the federal Department of Canadian Heritage through its Commemorate Canada Program. Smith estimated the government funding comprises more than half of the tours budget. Hockey Canada chairman Jim Hornell said the 100th anniversary tour has four main goals. "Hockey Canada wants Canadians to play the game. We want to engage communities," he said. "We want to leave a legacy, and we want to educate Canadians about our great game." Hockey Canada was officially formed in 1968 by the federal government, but it traces its roots to the Canadian Amateur Hockey Association founded in 1914. The two organizations merged in 1994. Minister of State for Sport Bal Gosal, who represented Canadian Heritage Minister Shelly Glover at the event, said the national hockey teams that won gold medals at the past two Winter Olympics are role models for all Canadians. "National celebrations like this bring us together, strengthen communities, and help Canadians take pride in the citizenship we all share," he said. Wholesale Jerseys For Sale . Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, the Houston Texans No. 1 pick in the draft, was on the field Tuesday for the first time with former NFL Defensive Player of the Year J. Stitched Authentic Jerseys . -- Hal Steinbrenner says Alex Rodriguez is "a great player" and "obviously an asset," but the New York Yankees managing general partner wouldnt discuss the third basemans possible return to the team following a season-long suspension. https://www.chinajerseysfreeshipping.com/ . Pinch-hitter Tommy Medica singled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Padres beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in their first home game since Gwynn died of cancer Monday.RECIFE, Brazil -- Mario Balotelli couldnt care less if hes mentioned in the same breath as Neymar or Lionel Messi at this World Cup -- as long as he comes away with the trophy. Having scored the winning goal in Italys 2-1 victory over England and now getting ready for Fridays match against Costa Rica, the temperamental forward has gained more attention than any other Azzurri player in Brazil. "I hope this is Italys World Cup, not Marios. Im not really interested in being compared with the big stars," Balotelli said Thursday. "In the end its the squad that wins. I dont want to be a big star. I want to win the World Cup." "Personally, I want to score as many goals as possible," he added at the official pre-match news conference. "But the important thing is that the squad wins and advances." Wearing a black cap turned backward and a total of three diamond earrings -- two on his right ear, one on the left -- Balotelli was his usual candid self. Asked if he minds being the lone forward in coach Cesare Prandellis 4-1-4-1 formation, Balotelli snapped back: "As long as I play." This is a first World Cup for Balotelli, who helped lead Italy to the 2012 European Championship final. "This is the biggest event of my career and I want to give my all," he said. "The World Cup is more important than the Golden Ball, the Champions League or the scudetto (Serie A title), so its only normal that it creates a spark inside of you." Balotelli has made headlines almost from the moment he landed in Brazil, first by proposing to his Belgian girlfriend on a moon-lit beach in the week leading up to the England match. "The proposal had nothing to do with the World Cup," Balotelli said. "The proposal would have occurred even without the World Cup." Balotelli is coming off an up-and-down club season with AC Milan and has been the subject of rampant transfer speculation in recent weeks. Cheap Jerseys From China. There have been reports that Arsenal is offering Milan a (euro)30 million ($40 million) transfer fee, and a contract for Balotelli worth 180,000 pounds (more than $300,000) per week. "My focus is 100 per cent on the World Cup," he said. "I dont know what will happen afterward. I dont know anything." While he does appear focused, Balotelli was not prepared for questions about Costa Ricas players. For example, what does he think about Keylor Navas, who had a strong season with Levante and is considered one of the top goalkeepers in the Spanish league? "Honestly, Im unprepared for this question because I havent seen the Costa Rica goalkeeper," he responded. OK, so what impressed him about Costa Ricas defence in a 3-1 win over Uruguay? "I saw the match but to be sincere I didnt study the players," Balotelli said. "Ill watch them tonight." That was the point when Prandelli butted in and offered help. "If you want, I can answer about all of the players," the coach told a Costa Rican journalist with a smile. Costa Rica defender Giancarlo Gonzalez, however, wasnt amused. "We will let the world know that we are here," Gonzalez said. Sitting right next to Balotelli, Prandelli managed to analyze his prized players hot and cold streaks as if he were there alone. "If you look at Mario in these four years there have been moments of alarm," Prandelli said. "One moment hes the man whos going to bring you to the top of the world and then a moment later he shouldnt even be at the World Cup." "The important thing for us is for him to stay focused and play like he did in the last match," Prandelli added. "If he does that for 90 minutes he could be decisive. He needs to give 100 per cent." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen