doesnt mess things up too much

in places to be! Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:39 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

CHICAGO -- Justin Ruggianos two-out, two-run double broke a tie in the seventh inning, leading the Chicago Cubs to a 5-3 victory over the Washington Nationals on Thursday night. Starlin Castro had two RBIs and Anthony Rizzo went 3 for 4 with two doubles and a run scored. The Cubs had dropped four of five games before the win. Denard Span went 2 for 4 with two doubles and two RBIs for the Nationals. Neither starter was involved in the decision. The Cubs Travis Wood gave up three runs on seven hits in 6 2/3 innings and was hurt most by five walks. Washingtons Doug Fister also allowed three runs on seven hits. Cubs reliever Neil Ramirez (1-1) got the win and Hector Rondon pitched a perfect ninth for his ninth save. Cubs centre fielder Junior Lake had to leave in the second inning after crashing into a door in the outside wall at Wrigley Field chasing a drive by Ryan Zimmerman. The wall is not covered with ivy. The Cubs said Lake has shown no signs of a concussion and has some bruises, including one on his head. The Cubs opened the scoring with three runs in the fourth by bunching hits. Ruggianos lead-off grounder surprisingly was scored a hit when third baseman Anthony Rendon threw well wide of first. Rizzo followed with a double. Castro, who took over the team lead in RBIs on Wednesday, added to his total with a two-run single. One out later, Welington Castillo singled to drive in Castro. Washington finally pushed across a run in the sixth. Span led off with a double and Rendon immediately drove him in with a single. It appeared the lead was about to shrink further after Wood walked Jayson Werth. But Wood got Adam LaRoche to ground into a double play. Following another walk, he struck out Ian Desmond to end the inning. Wood wouldnt be so fortunate in the seventh. He started the inning with back-to-back walks and, following a sacrifice bunt, two runs scored on a double by Span to tie the score at 3. The Cubs staged their rally in the bottom of the inning and took the 5-3 lead on Ruggianos double off reliever Craig Stammen (0-3). NOTES: Nats OF Bryce Harper (torn ligament left thumb) is on a rehab assignment at Double A Harrisburg and could be activated Monday if all goes well. "When he comes back we want him to feel good at the plate, feel good in the field and have his legs underneath him full go," manager Matt Williams said. "We dont know how the next three or four days will go, but hes well on his way." . Cubs manager Rick Renteria said he wont start catcher Castillo (rib cage inflammation) every day initially now that hes back from the DL. ... The Nats activated C Wilson Ramos (strained right hamstring). . RHP Tanner Roark (7-4) faces Jason Hammel (6-5) in the second game of the four-game series. Toby Alderweireld Hotspur Jersey . This is Lowry’s third time winning the award in his career. He won the award last season and as a member of the Houston Rockets in 2011. Son Heung-min Hotspur Jersey . Brazilian striker Brandao opened the scoring with a header in the 55th minute before winger Franck Tabanou volleyed home from close range to double the lead in the 61st. http://www.footballhotspurstore.com/Wome...pur-Jersey/.com) - Even-money favorite Liams Map proved a little too tough down the stretch and won Saturdays $100,000 Harlans Holiday Stakes at Gulfstream Park. Hugo Lloris Hotspur Jersey . The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest. Juan Foyth Hotspur Jersey . Anaheim Ducks Reassign D Colby Robak to Norfolk Admirals (AHL). - Team Website D Eric Brewer (foot) removed from injured reserve.FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Jake Peavy arrived at Bostons spring training complex on Monday with a large white bandage covering his left index finger, the result of a weekend accident. The right-hander, scratched from his scheduled spring training debut Monday against Pittsburgh in Bradenton, said he was hurt Saturday. "Just getting ready to go fishing," he said. "I promised my little boy I would take him fishing, so we went to Bass Pro and we bought us some rods and reels that were comboed. Peavy said he was "trying to cut the wire tie that was holding them together, using the knife with my right hand and holding the rod with my left, and when I broke the wire tie, it struck the knuckle pretty good." Since Peavy didnt want to disappoint his son they drove to teammate John Lackeys house. But while pulling the knife out of his hand, Peavy said he struck a vein and got a good amount of blood on his shorts. Peavy said he threw away the shorts at Lackeys house and changed. Lackey told Peavy he should get the wound examined. Peavy then went fishing and didnt catch anything. "I couldnt tell my 5-year-old I didnt want to go fishing anymore," Peavy said. "It was his last day here. I couldnt say, Well go tomorrow. It wasnt the biggest deal in the world. Not much we could have done except -- the biggest thing was, they were freaking out, thinking I was cleaning fish with the knife." The 32-year-old Peavy, acquired by Boston last summer, was 4-1 with a 4.04 ERA in 10 starts for the Red Sox last season and 0-1 with a 7.10 ERA in three post-season starts. He received several stitches Sunday to close the gash. "Its a bummer. I didnt think it was that crazy bad to the point I didnt seek medical attention. That day we wrapped it up and went fishing. I came in here yesterday and realized we needed to have it stitched up and we would have to take some precautionary measures.dddddddddddd You just dont want to risk infection. I could go out and play today if it was a must, but you cant risk infection and let it sweat. And me not getting it tended to right off the bat, you just dont want to get it infected and thats the reason were going to hold off a day or two." Red Sox manager John Farrell said on Sunday that Peavy will not throw for three days. "I dont think its going to be long at all," Peavy said. "I would like to get out, play some catch and do some stuff tomorrow. The biggest thing is theyre not going to let me sweat until the healing process takes over. I believe Im going to play catch and I would love to tell you Im going to make my next start. Thats certainly what Im aiming for and hopefully we can do that and get back on schedule and it doesnt mess things up too much." Peavy is behind because of irritation in his right ring finger stemming from when he was hit by a ball while shagging flies early in spring training. Farrell said Peavys timetable to start the season may not be affected if he can get back to his throwing program soon. Peavy could be fitted with padding in his glove. "Thats going to be the kicker," Peavy said. "Its on a knuckle. Well figure it out. Get a bigger glove or something. Im sure theyll wrap it up and get it to the point where Ill watch it all the way, like I tell my boys, and make sure the ball goes into the pocket of glove." And at least the injury isnt to his pitching hand. "Weve all done something like that at some point in our lives," he said. "It was a huge bummer, but so blessed it was my left hand. A bummer to miss a start and get off schedule a little." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4195 topics and 4198 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen