as well as taking some medication to help

in camera talk Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:01 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Grizzlies owner Robert Pera has followed through with his promise to open up his checkbook by signing Dave Joerger to a contract extension just days after allowing the coach to speak to the Minnesota Timberwolves about their vacancy. The Grizzlies announced Joergers extension Tuesday. Terms of the deal werent disclosed by the team, but Joerger said on ESPN 92.9 FM in Memphis that owner Robert Pera guaranteed the fourth year of his contract with a fifth year a team option. "He put his money right where his mouth is, and I put my money right where my mouth is ...," Joerger said. "Its good for both parties. Mike Conley and I were talking about weve been together for a long time brother. Now weve got another three, four, five year run on this deal." Pera wrote on Twitter that he finally had talked one-on-one with Joerger after his return from Minnesota where the coach interviewed twice in three days with the Timberwolves. "Following an open and honest dialogue with Dave, it became clear that Dave was fully committed to Memphis and we are committed to him," Pera said. "I look forward to seeing Dave build upon the foundation he helped establish over the last seven years, and we are both committed to bringing a championship to Memphis." Joerger went 50-32 for the best record among 10 first-year coaches and helped Memphis earn the No. 7 seed in the Western Conference during his first season on the job after being an assistant the previous six seasons. The Grizzlies lost in seven games to Oklahoma City in the first round of the playoffs. But he was the Western Conference coach of the month in January and April, the only first-year coach to win the award twice since the NBA split into conferences in 20002-03. Joerger said three other teams called for permission to talk to him last week only to be turned down. The Minnesota native was allowed to talk to the Timberwolves and now is thanking Pera for believing in him. "I am 100 per cent committed to leading the Grizzlies and I could not be more proud to call Memphis home," Joerger said. Pera still has to decide who will be running the Grizzlies. General manager Chris Wallace currently is in charge temporarily, and the Grizzlies hold the No. 22 pick overall in the NBA Draft in a month. Zach Randolph has an option for the next season and signing him to an extension would give Memphis more space with the salary cap. Joerger said Pera wants to be more involved in the franchise and knows exactly what he wants to do moving forward. "Im here to tell you this thing is going to be very positive," Joerger said. Nikola Jokic Jersey . Anything less than gold for either nation is considered a disappointment. Yet for Switzerland, advancing to the semifinal might be a victory in itself. Tyler Lydon Nuggets Jersey . The Thornhill, Ont., native, who is ranked 11th in the world, said hed hoped he would be ready when Canada begins its World Group first-round tie against Japan in Tokyo on Friday. http://www.nuggetsprostore.com/kids-mich...nuggets-jersey/. -- The Denver Broncos retired John Elways No. Denver Nuggets Jerseys . Bozak and Clarkson suffered the injuries in pre-training camp workouts, according to Carlyle, who said they made "small amounts of improvement" from Friday to Saturday. After the players were deemed less than 100 per cent by doctors after Thursdays medical testing, the Leafs held them out of on-ice testing and are being cautious. Alex English Nuggets Jersey . And Richard Bachman, their rookie goalie, is facing a penalty shot a few seconds after the opening face-off. No pressure, right? Bachman stood his ground against Zack Kassian and saw the puck dribble off the Canuck rookies stick, then settled in and backstopped the Stars to a 5-2 win over Vancouver Tuesday that put Dallas in first place in the Pacific Division. BEREA, Ohio -- Browns defensive end Desmond Bryants season has ended because of an irregular heartbeat that will require surgery. Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. Bryant played in Sundays game against Jacksonville and was credited with four pressures on Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne. The Browns said Bryant will undergo "a minor heart procedure" this week. He is expected to make a full recovery and resume his playing career. Bryant was taken out of an Oct. 3 game against Buffalo in the third quarter complaining of shortness of breath. He was hospitalized overnight at The Cleveland Clinic with an irregular heartbeat. It was the second such episode for Bryant, who left a game last year with Oakland and was hospitalized for an irregular heartbeat. Both times Bryant returned to play in the next weeks game. "Its a pretty scary feeling," Bryant said after returning to practice in October. "Your heart wont calm down. Fortunately, weve got a great staff on hand and theyve got me doing the right things I need and Im now back to normal.dddddddddddd" Bryant indicated he had made some changes to guard against a recurrence. "Were doing some things to prevent it from happening again," he said. "I need to try to cut out anything that may start this up, as well as taking some medication to help prevent it." The 27-year-old Bryant started all 12 games this season for the Browns and made 45 tackles with 3 1-2 sacks. He had a career-high 10 tackles and two sacks in the season opener, but his production has steadily dropped and he has not had a sack in nine games. The Browns placed him on the reserve/non-football illness list. Bryant played the previous four seasons with the Raiders, who signed the 6-foot-6, 310-pounder as an undrafted free agent from Harvard in 2009. Bryant was not on the practice field Wednesday and coach Rob Chudzinski did not disclose why he would not be participating before the workout. To fill Bryants roster spot, the Browns promoted wide receiver Brian Tyms from the practice squad to the active roster. Also, the Browns the released linebacker Justin Staples from the practice squad. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen