tie it 2-2. Ex-Diamondback Ju

in camera talk Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:05 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • 1.470 Posts

CALGARY -- The Calgary Flames shook up their front office Thursday after a disappointing start to the season, firing general manager Jay Feaster and assistant general manager John Weisbrod. The Flames have just 26 points this season, good for 13th place in the 14-team Western Conference. Brian Burke, the teams president of hockey operations, will serve as acting general manager. He said the search for Feasters replacement is underway. Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger the Dallas Stars have granted Calgary permission to speak with former Flames player and Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk. Burke felt the moves needed to be made to get the franchise back on track as it tries to pursue a championship. "I wouldnt have come here if that wasnt the ultimate goal," he said. "I have to look at the steps that have been taken and figure out whats the best way for us to get on that path. "And I reached the conclusion that we needed to make this change." Burke, who was hired by the Flames in early September, added that one of the teams priorities is to get tougher and more "truculent." "We want black-and-blue hockey here, thats what we do in Alberta," Burke said. "Weve got to be big and more truculent -- I know youre all waiting for the word, there it is. I want a little more hostility out there than what Im seeing right now." Burke said it was tough to fire Feaster, who he called a friend. But he said potentially unpopular decisions come with the job. "Im not kissing babies up here," he said. "Im not running for office. This is about winning hockey games. And I have to take the steps that I think are going to lead us to win the most hockey games we can win." Calgary took an 11-15-4 record into Thursday nights home game against the Carolina Hurricanes. "If you look at our record, its not where we want to be and we have to change it as players," said Flames captain Mark Giordano. "You could call it whatever, but the bottom line is this: as an organization, Ive been here for a while now, and right from our owners down, we want to win. "Nothing else is acceptable. Weve got to start winning hockey games and push this forward." Burke said there are no plans to make any changes to the coaching staff this season. "When he came in he told me he likes the way that we play," said head coach Bob Hartley. "And this morning he told me again. But at the same time, it doesnt change my job. You come in every day, I have a great coaching staff, we have players that want to learn and they want to work. "It doesnt really change our day-to-day operation." Burke said one of the reasons for the shakeup is that he believes the Flames are giving up points in games they should win. "Im frustrated like all of our fans are with our inability to hold leads," Burke said. "I love how this team works, I love how the coaches are playing the kids ... Im just frustrated that we seem to routinely turn third-period leads into losses." Calgary did not make the playoffs in the two full seasons Feaster served as GM. He took over in an acting role midway through the 2010-11 season, and Calgary did not qualify that year either. "We wish Jay the best," said forward Matt Stajan. "Hes a great man, he did a lot for the guys in that room. Its too bad we didnt show better on the ice but weve got to keep grinding here and find a way to win games." Feaster previously served as GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning, who he guided to a Stanley Cup win in 2004. Burke has had a long career as a hockey executive. He has previously served as GM of the Vancouver Canucks, Toronto Maple Leafs, Hartford Whalers and Anaheim Ducks, who won the Stanley Cup under his watch in 2007. LeBron James Shoes Outlet .com) - Baltimore Ravens running back Justin Forsett is active for Sundays matchup with the Miami Dolphins. Clearance LeBron James Shoes .James scored 29 points, including 16 in the first quarter, and the Cleveland Cavaliers broke a four-game losing streak with a 106-74 win over the Orlando Magic on Monday night. https://www.cheapshoeslebronjames.com/. Russell Wilson against Darrelle Revis, former teammate Brandon Browner and whatever schemes Bill Belichick dreams up. LeBron James Shoes For Sale . TSN 1290s coverage begins with Hustler & Lawless at 3pm. Rick Ralph hosts the Official Jets Pre-game Show at 5pm. LeBron James Shoes From China .com) - A chant of Zeke reverberated around AT&T Stadium before Ezekiel Elliott powered into the end zone for his fourth and final touchdown.PHOENIX -- Nine days past his 26th birthday, Craig Kimbrel is the Atlanta Braves career leader in saves. That number figures to get a lot bigger before hes through. Kimbrel got the final four outs in the Braves 5-2 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night, earning his 16th save of the season (in 18 tries) and 155th of his career. Thats one more than John Smoltz. Those 155 saves have come in 172 opportunities. "Ive been a part of a lot of good teams and had a lot of opportunities," Kimbrel said. "Having the chance my first full season to be a closer, that doesnt happen very often and thats why were sitting here talking today, because I had that opportunity a lot of guys dont have. "I feel blessed and grateful for it." Kimbrel had one save in 2010, 46 in 2011, 42 in 2012 and 50 in 2013. "Ive played with him for four years and some change and hes already the franchise leader in saves," teammate Jason Heyward said. "Thats pretty cool." Hayward drove in three runs, two with a home run, and Andrelton Simmons doubled in a run for the Braves. Julio Teheran (6-3) gave up two runs and five hits in seven innings to win his fourth straight decision. Didi Gregorius became the first Diamondback to hit leadoff home runs in consecutive starts. He did it Wednesday in Colorado, sat out Thursdays game, then did it again Friday. Arizonas Brandon McCarthy (1-8) allowed three runs and nine hits in 6 1-3 innings, striking out nine and walking one. McCarthy singled in the tying run in the fifth, his first career RBI. Kimbrel entered the game with two outs and a runner at first in the eighth inning and got his former Atlanta teammate Martin Prado looking to end the inning. With a three-run lead in the ninth, Kimbrel got Aaron Hill and David Peralta to fly out, then Tuffy Gosewich popped out to end it. It was just his third career four-out save. "He hadnt pitched since last Saturday," manager Fredi Gonzalez said, "so we were able to do that." The Braves broke a 2-2 tie in the seventh when, with oone out, Heyward drew the only walk McCarthy allowed.dddddddddddd Simmons lashed a double to the corner in left, scoring Heyward from first. The Atlanta leadoff hitter used his long arms to connect with a ball that was high and outside and drove it to the opposite field. "It was a pitch I dont expect to get hit at all," McCarthy said. "It was right where I wanted it. It was a hard four-seamer up and away and I wanted to use it to establish something else. He took a good swing at it and hit a home run. I was pretty surprised." They added another run in the ninth on Heywards RBI single. Right fielder Gerardo Parra robbed Simmons of an extra-base hit and probably saved a run with a diving grab in the ninth. Atlanta took the lead in the fifth when Jordan Schafer doubled over third base to start the inning. He scored on Heywards home run to left that made it 2-1. Gregorius, called up from Triple-A Reno on Tuesday, opened the game with a shot just over the fence in right. Teheran didnt allow another hit until Peralta, another recent arrival from the minors, led off the fifth with a ground-rule double. Teheran retired the next two batters, but McCarthy -- 2 for 23 for the season to that point -- slapped a single between shortstop and third to bring Peralta home and tie it 2-2. Ex-Diamondback Justin Upton, greeted with a mix of boos and cheers, struck out three times against McCarthy, then flied out to the fence in right and drove in a run with a bloop single in the ninth. NOTES: In the second day of the amateur draft, Arizona chose OF Matt Railey of North Florida Christian Academy. Hes committed to Florida State. ... Braves RHP Jordan Walden, recovering from a strained left hamstring, began a rehab assignment Thursday night for Triple-A Gwinnett against Columbus, facing four batters in two-thirds inning, giving up a run and two hits. He struck out the first three batters, but the third reached on a wild pitch. The next batter homered. ... On Saturday night, the Braves have RHP Ervin Santana (5-2, 4.10 ERA) facing LHP Wade Miley (3-6, 4.85). ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: faraheunicefernandez
Board Statistics
The forum has 4196 topics and 4199 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen